- Instructor: zbjxbb
- Duration: 10 weeks
The protection of high net worth highly visible public figures (Celebrities) is similar to protecting corporate executives or conducting Personnel Security Detail (PSD) operations in a hostile environment. We have to understand that as the industry grows, the marketplace recognizes individuals who have had specialized training and have learned tailored skill-sets over and above basic military, law enforcement, or even traditional Executive Protection. With Celebrity & Executive Protection you are dealing with not only protection of the client, but the client’s reputation with the world looking over your shoulder. The celebrity protector is not only in place to identify and defeat potential attackers, he has to also have a plan for everything from overzealous fans, to aggressive paparazzi.
To be effective, the Celebrity & Executive Protector must have a superior understanding of the logistics involved with working with International Public Figures—from Award Shows, to Photo shoots, to musical touring, and Publicity Press Junkets. If you think you can come into this knowing only hard skills, you are mistaken, and not many clients are willing to wait for you to “learn on the fly”.
This course has been developed from a background of providing close protection to international high profile clients and public figures for more than twenty years. This course is the definition of the word contemporary, using a mixture of interactive lectures and dynamic real world scenarios pulled from his first-hand experiences globally
Understanding the nuances of Celebrity, Executives & VIP Protection
In this day and age, anyone could be a celebrity, however there are some proven techniques to be able to successfully work for, and interact with this client type. This class will teach not only how to successfully provide protective services to celebrity clients but also how to find, and more importantly, keep the accounts.
The course includes:
- Working with Actors, Athletes, and Musicians
- Client Behaviors and interactions
- Working with clients of the opposite sex and children
- Identifying potential clients and the proven strategies to attract them
- Branding and Business Development
- Touring and Public Appearances
- This area sets us apart from other courses. An emphasis is placed on understanding the Protector’s Role in touring and public appearances.
- The A-Z on touring
- Understanding the Red Carpet and what goes into Award Shows
- Coordinating and working Major Events
- Dealing with the Press and the Paparazzi
- Dealing with the Fans and identifying Obsessive Behaviors
- Understanding the Protector’s role on everything from Yachts to Private Jets using table top exercises and real world scenarios.
This is a four day/30 hour program.